Pumpkin Oat Biscuits Your Dogs Will Be Begging For!

I wanted to add to my collection of dog biscuits I make for Charlie. If you’ve never made your own pet food you should really give these Pumpkin Oat Biscuits a try! It’s simple and your furbaby will thank you for it.

Pumpkin Oat Biscuits Your Dogs Will Be Begging For! #PumpkinCan #momspotted

These Pumpkin Oat Biscuits are simple to put together. You’ll need:

• 2 eggs
  • 2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
  • 2 Tbsp peanut butter
  • 1/4 cup quick oats
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
  • 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon

IMG_0360

Preheat your oven to 350. Combine all ingredients in mixing bowl.

Pumpkin Oat Biscuits Your Dogs Will Be Begging For! #PumpkinCan #momspotted

Mix until fully combined. The mixture should be easy to handle when fully combined.

Pumpkin Oat Biscuits Your Dogs Will Be Begging For! #PumpkinCan #momspotted

Use a rolling pin to roll out your dough. Then use a cookie cutter to shape them.

Pumpkin Oat Biscuits Your Dogs Will Be Begging For! #PumpkinCan #momspotted

We have a dog biscuit shaped one. Since we have a little dog we used a small cutter but if your dog is bigger you could make yours bigger. Feel free to make them any shape. We use dog shapes to keep the boys from thinking they are homemade cookies later on.

Pumpkin Oat Biscuits Your Dogs Will Be Begging For! #PumpkinCan #momspotted

Bake biscuits for about 30 mins. Remove and let cook for five minutes and then remove to wire rack until fully cooled. Store in air tight container. Use within one week. Our dog just loves these!

Pumpkin Oat Biscuits Your Dogs Will Be Begging For! #PumpkinCan #momspotted

Have you ever made dog biscuits before? Have you ever made them with pumpkin?

Jennifer, the mom behind the Mom Spotted blog, is located in Western Massachusetts. She has three boys, Johnny (15), Gavin (9), & Sawyer (3). She is married to her high school sweetheart. On Mom Spotted you’ll find a fun selection of recipes, family fun, product reviews, and more! You can also find her on twitter @MomSpotted and Facebook.

Comments

1. Rachel C says:

What a healthy treat! My girls love to bake, and they would think it was so fun to make these for their grandma’s dog. We will have to try this recipe.

2. saminder gumer says:

these would be great for my dogs. i think that he would love them and it would be a great project for the weekend.

3. vickie couturier says:

very interesting,,didn’t know dogs could eat pumpkin,,those look good enough for ppl to eat too,,

4. Wendy says:

Those look awesome to make for our 3 rescued babies. I know they like pumpkin- and our cats love it, too! I wonder if the cats will eat them?

5. I don’t have a dog (hopefully, there is a pug in my future!), but I’ll have to keep this recipe in mind down the road.

6. What a lucky dog you have 🙂

7. Nicole Dz says:

I like that it is 100% pure pumpkin and that it is homemade, that way you know what ingredients are going into your dogs treats. Love this better then store bought. Yours came out so pretty!

8. I bet my Indi would LOVE these!!

9. Sarah L says:

No dog, no dog biscuits. I need to remember to use pumpkin all year round.

10. This is something my dog would love. Honestly I have never baked for the dog, I actually hardly bake for the children, but I guess its a good time to start!

11. Beth says:

I bed our dog would love these. He won’t eat dog bones from the store but I bet he would eat homemade ones!

12. These look GREAT! I think my kids would ADORE making our puppy some treats!

13. My oldest daughter makes critter treats all of the time. I will have to show her this!

14. Angela says:

Pumpkin is such a great source of fiber for dogs. Sometimes, I let them lick it right off the spoon. I make a similar treat for my two pups and they love it.

15. So creative! My dog would love these!

16. Lisa says:

With all the dog treat recalls, making your own is a great idea!

17. Your dog is so lucky to have you as his dog mom! These dog treats look yummy 🙂

18. Cute idea! I have wanted to make some for our dog. I am not sure who would enjoy the project more, our dog Cooper or the kids!

19. alicia k (Petite Pilates Pixie) says:

i actually think i might like these!

20. I’ve always wanted to make homemade dog treats. I’ll have to try these out!

21. Never thought to make these for our dogs before! Going to have to give them a whirl.

22. Ok, those are fun to make, they’re cute and they have pumpkin in them. Total win! Your pup is lucky.

23. Jessica Nirri says:

Do dogs really eat these ?
    They sound good lol heck I want one ! You can up with this all by yourself , that’s pretty cool.. I don’t enjoy cooking and I don’t have a dog .. But still neat !

24. Oh my dog would love these! Maybe they’d keep her from trying to get into the garbage all the time to try to get our people food since these already have some of her favorites.

25. What a good idea to make homemade dog biscuits!

26. Rebecca Parsons says:

Wow and a pretty simple recipe. I know my three dogs would love these.

27. Sarah L says:

My dogs would have loved this. l never made this for them.

28. alicia k (Petite Pilates Pixie) says:

these look good enough for humans to eat

29. Birdiebee says:

What a great recipe. My Kyla would sure love these.

30. Shirley Talabock says:

Can’t wait to make these!

31. Valondra says:

Can i use regular oats instead of quick oats?

32. G K says:

Our dogs would love these. They have pumpkin everyday in their breakfast.

33. Claudia Phillips says:

I just made these and my dog loves them! It was so easy. I halved the recipe. I’ll be making this often.