Wilton Cakes Blog Event – Day One

If you’ve been following me on facebook or twitter you’ve probably been following all my excitement already. You have seen all the pictures I’m sure but as I can’t help tell you all about my trip!
Wilton had myself and six other amazing bloggers fly to Chicago, IL to one of the most fantastic weeks ever! It was from Tuesday, June 1, 2010 until Friday, June 4, 2010.
My morning was going great. I was still able to bring the boys to school. Hubby came home to bring me to the airport. He couldn’t stay with me long as he now had to run off to get Gavin out of preschool. He helped me get my ticket and check my bag and he was off.
I proceed through security and was so pleased when I made it through in no time. Normally I’m a Delta girl and this time I was flying with American Eagle. When I got my ticket it showed the plane would be delayed by 15 minutes. 15 minutes turned into 45 minutes. It’s okay though right? Wrong! We board the plane all is well. The flight attendant is standing upfront showing us how to pull an oxygen mask over our face when the recording stops and everything goes dark. Five minutes later everything turns back on. The captain informs us that the engine failed and they jump started it. It will require paperwork to be done and we need to stay put until it’s done. What? Engine failure? Stay put? I flew Delta and the bathroom lock wasn’t working and they gave us a new plane in 15 minutes! We sit. An hour we are still sitting. 45 minutes after that we are informed that we’ve been grounded due to weather. If we would like to get off the plane at this point we are welcome to. No one moves.
Half an hour later we’re told we’ve reached the maximum time they can allow us on a parked plane and we all need to unboard the plane. Luckily I had been chatting with Tanya over at Mommy Goggles on the phone the whole time so she was able to let Wilton know what was going on. When I got off I touched base with them as well. When we finally reboard we were all excited when we pulled out. We had only lost one traveler and it was after 2pm. I should have already been landed and at the hotel at this point! Sadly we taxied the runway for the next hour waiting for clearance to fly out.
Finally, sometime after 3pm our plane takes off. Everyone with a connecting flight had officially missed their flights. The flight attendant who didn’t smile a single time before our engine failure was incredibly friendly and amazingly all the passengers had somehow also friended each other. The entire plane ride was a social event. Well all except for one man who SHHH!!!’d us over and over again.
Even though I was supposed to land in Chicago at 12:45pm I didn’t land until shortly after 5pm. I then had the joy of sitting in rush hour traffic trying to get there. Plus, there must be road work being done on every road out there so it was even worse. I was texting with Emilie & Tanya the entire time so they knew I was on my way.
When I arrived at the Aloft hotel I had to fly in. I knew all the girls were in the board room with the Wilton people and I didn’t want to miss anything. So, without even checking in I went in and met everyone. When it was over I flew upstairs to my room on the 4th floor to drop off my blogs. On the desk I had some goodies waiting for me. Some of books: cupcakes, brownies, and cookie exchange! There was a journal book and folder from EK Success, and a reusable coffee cup from Copco.
On the other counter were these awesome cookies! I was so hungry I ate the leaves as I ran around the room trying to get settled.
Even the basket part was made of cookie!
Everywhere we went we had a white limo to ride in! Wilton spoiled us! For the most part Mario was our driver.
For our first dinner I didn’t get to ride in on the limo due to all my airline drama but only missed the first few minutes of dinner at Francesca’s in Bolingbrook, IL. It was so yummy! It was so much fun to sit and talk with everyone! There were only seven bloggers in total.
Our links from left to right:

We had so much fun!

On the way home I got to ride in style though…
After chatting with my hubby and checking emails and such I was able to crash and this incredibly comfortable bed!
Stay tuned as I will be sharing so much about my four day stay with Wilton. Including video tips from my classes!
TWO great giveaways from Wilton as well!

post signature

Add Your Comment