Nubble Light House York, Maine

517 views

We love visiting Maine every year. We stay in Wells which is central to a lot of the cute little towns.

Β One thing we love to visit is Nubble Light House.

We went there to get a family photo.
Of course the hardest part is finding someone you feel okay giving your super expensive camera too.

One of me and the boys

I took some time and played with some of my lenses. This is the new fisheye I just bought. It’s kinda cool. The boys of course just loved climbing all the rocks.

Johnny wanted to “hold” the light house.

Of course what one brother does…. the other wants to try too.

Then we spent some time just climbing the rocks and seeing what we could find in the pools of water. Mostly crabs and hermit crabs.

and, yes, that is a house.

Jennifer, the mom behind the Mom Spotted blog, is located in Western Massachusetts. She has three boys, Johnny (15), Gavin (9), & Sawyer (3). She is married to her high school sweetheart. On Mom Spotted you'll find a fun selection of recipes, family fun, product reviews, and more! You can also find her on twitter @MomSpotted and Facebook.

Comments

1. Those came out so great!!!! I just love them!

2. That looks like a lot of fun! I’ve never been to see a lighthouse. They just are not anywhere near Nebraska. Such a fun experience.

3. mel says:

So pretty! Looks like such a fun time!

4. Beautiful photos!

5. Katie says:

what a great family photo, that’s a framer! And I love your new lens, too!

6. I would love to visit there one day!

7. I LOVE that family photo!!!

I wouldn’t want to live in a house that gigantic – could you imagine cleaning it?!

8. Jenny says:

Fun! That’s a nice house!

9. Whoever lives in that absolutely GORGEOUS house must be living the good life!

I’ve heard Maine is extremely beautiful and all your pictures definitely prove that πŸ™‚ I’m glad you guys were able to go on your family trip!

10. Rob says:

Great pictures. Looks like a really fun time. Love the two of the boys holding the light house.

Happy WW!

11. Beautiful pictures! I love the ones of the kids “holding” the lighthouses! I’ve always wanted to visit Maine. It’s on my bucket list.

Happy WW!

12. Mel says:

Those are some awesome shots! I especially loved the ones where the boys were “holding” the lighthouse!

13. Great pics! Thanks for sharing & love the new lens! LOL The kids holding the lighthouse was an awesome idea.

14. Kate says:

We LIVE in Maine and have never actually “done” the lighthouse thang. Maybe we should do a tour of them all next summer! hmmmm. Great pics. Happy WW!

15. What a beautiful spot! I like that fisheye lens. I was looking at lenses tonight, I think I am going to buy myself a new one for my birthday! πŸ™‚

16. Rachel says:

Oh wow – those are beautiful shots, Jennifer. I love your boys and the lighthouse – it’s so cute πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

17. marina says:

Gorgeous pictures!! Crisp!

18. So pretty! Even though I live in NH, I’ve never been to York, Maine. How crazy is that?! One of these days we need to change that. I love the lighthouse and I love your family photos!

19. Beautiful photos and I love the family shot! Sometimes it is hard to get a family photo. Happy Wednesday!

20. Gorgeous photos! I love the fish eye one, so neat!

21. Onica {MommyFactor} says:

I would love to see a real life lighthouse. Great photos

22. Rob says:

i want that house

23. Carolyn G says:

Absolutely beautiful! Love the family pic!!

24. Dee says:

You got some great shots – love the one of you and the boys! <3

25. HOLY HUGE HOUSE! Also, I’ve always wanted to visit Maine and your pics just confirmed it for me. Beautiful!!!

26. What great shots, both of the scenery and your family! I love the photo through the fisheye lens.

27. That looks like a fun trip!

28. Nicole Flowers says:

That house is beautiful, and your photos are lovely, that looks like a fun trip.

29. I have always been a huge fan of lighthouses – that is gorgeous!!! And those are some great pictures of your family! LOVE the house too! Looks like a great time with gorgeous views! πŸ™‚

30. My husband has family close to there. I can not wait to go there now!

31. Those are some really neat pictures. I wish I lived near a lighthouse.

32. Mimi says:

Looks like you had a great time! I’ve always wanted to go to New England!

33. You have a beautiful family! Love the family pics and the one with you and the boys. We used to visit friends in Maine every August before they moved. We always had a great time and used to visit Monhegan Island and loved the week without cellphones, tvs, and computers. I sure miss those vacations πŸ™‚

34. Gorgeous setting for some great pictures! Love how the red in the first few really pop.

35. Christine Mayfield says:

Awesome pictures! And what a house! I thought it might have been a hotel =)

36. Ana says:

Great photos! I’ve never been to Maine, but hear it’s beautiful!

37. ang says:

Loving these pics and missing my home state of maine! πŸ™‚

38. We really want to visit one day! How beautiful is that?!

39. Amanda says:

That looks like a blast!!!

40. Sarah Osborne says:

Oh my goodness, that light house is to die for!

41. shelly peterson says:

What a beautiful place to visit! Loved the family pics! πŸ™‚

42. I used to live in Maine and have been to York. Gorgeous photos of your family!! Thanks for sharing–I have so many great memories of the Maine coast!