Remember that addiction to Pinterest I told you about? Yeah, well it’s still there. If you want to follow my boards click HERE. When I stumbled upon the pin for these muffins it was actually pinned wrong and I couldn’t stop searching until I found the actual recipe for them here. She called them super easy and dishwashing saving but I digress. Easy- yes, but I had a more dishes then my regular muffins. However, these were the yummiest, best tasting muffins I have had in a LONG time.
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, room temperature and lightly beaten
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, chopped into very small pieces
- Cream Cheese Mixture
- 4 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ~Preheat over to 350F. Grease muffin tin or line with muffin liners.
- ~In a small bowl, mix together with a spoon the cream cheese mixture ingredients until smooth. Set aside.
- ~In a big bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- ~In third bowl, whisk together milk, melted butter, vanilla extract and egg
- ~Mix the milk mixture into the flour mixture.
- ~Spoon the batter into the prepared tins, filling them no more than ½ full.
- ~Sprinkle strawberries over each one.
- ~Top it with a tsp of cream cheese mixture, a tablespoon of muffin batter, and finally a more strawberries.
- ~Sprinkle with sugar over tops.
- ~Bake for 25 minutes, until they’re light golden on top and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let the muffins cool in the pan for 10 minutes.
Start with your dicing up your strawberries so when you need them you have them ready.
Per her directions you needed to keep everything separate and here is where all the different dishes came in.
I’d recommend not filling them as high as I did here before you add the cream cheese mixture…
but it still works. Since these muffins aren’t risers they are safe being filled right to the top. I added a sprinkle of sugar to the top of them too!
You are just left with just pure bliss. These are not breakfast type muffins. These are delicious dessert deserving muffins. They are good room temperature but warm they are to die for. When you bite in the cream cheese filling is such an awesome surprise!
The next morning I woke up to half my muffins missing. Hubby had stolen them and brought them to work to share with his parents.
(Who I might add raved about them too!)