This past Thanksgiving my little family of 4 was on our own. We decided to make the most of it and I even made a little turkey. We also decided that we would go to the movies! My kids were adamant about seeing Disney Pixar’s The Good Dinosaur. I was also really excited to see it, and it did not disappoint! All four of us loved watching The Good Dinosaur. We laughed, cried, and were at the edge of our seats sometimes. As soon as we left the theater my 7-year-old asked when it would be out on Blu-ray and DVD so we could watch it at home.
The Good Dinosaur is now finally out on Blu-ray and Digital HD. My kids were so excited!
The Good Dinosaur asks the question: What if the asteroid that forever changed life on Earth missed the planet completely, and giant dinosaurs never became extinct? In this epic journey into the world of dinosaurs, an apatosaurus named Arlo makes an unlikely human friend. While traveling through a harsh and mysterious landscape, Arlo learns the power of confronting his fears and discovers what he is truly capable of.
Little Arlo is such a sweet and lovable dinosaur. I love watching him overcome his fears and be brave. In our home, I have a sign that says “Be brave! We can do hard things!” I often tell my kids those same words. This movie is a great original story of being brave and doing hard things even though they seem impossible and scary. For example, Arlo is at first so shy and timid he can’t really roar. He eventually gains some experience and confidence and finds his roar! Enjoy this short clip all about Arlo “Finding The Roar.”
My family and I lived in Texas for a long time, and it has such a special place in our heart. My family really loved that a cowboy theme was mixed into the plot line. For example, Arlo meets a T-Rex family who herds cattle and live like ranchers. The bonus features that are included are also amazing. My kids always insist on watching all of them after we have finished the movie. The bonus features include:
- THEATRICAL SHORT – Sanjay’s Super Team – Sanjay loves the world of cartoons and comics, while his father tries to draw him into his Hindu traditions. Reluctance quickly turns into awe-inspiring adventure as the boy embarks on an amazing journey, returning with a new perspective they can both embrace.
- TRUE LIES ABOUT DINOSAURS – We know – it’s preposterous to think Apatosaurs spoke English. Learn more about what separates the fictional dinosaurs of “The Good Dinosaur“ from what scientists know about real dinosaurs.
- RECYCLOSAURUS – Pixar takes creative competition seriously. Maybe a little too seriously. Watch as “The Good Dinosaur” crew competes to see which department can create the best dinosaur ever…using only discarded items from the studio’s “free table.”
- THE FILMMAKERS’ JOURNEY – Finding your way from an idea to a film takes a lot of exploration. Director Peter Sohn and his fellow filmmakers talk about the challenging, inspiring, and unexpectedly emotional experience of making “The Good Dinosaur.”
- EVERY PART OF THE DINOSAUR – The filmmakers talk about the special animation challenges of “The Good Dinosaur” – including figuring out how to animate a dinosaur who’s really a boy, and a boy who’s got the spirit of a dog.
- FOLLOWING THE T-REX TRAIL – Follow the filmmakers as they travel to a working cattle ranch and meet the McKays, a close-knit family whose work ethic, generosity, and stories inspired the T-Rex ranchers of the film.
- COMMENTARY – Commentary from director Peter Sohn, story supervisor Kelsey Mann, supervising animator Mike Venturini, director of photography/lighting Sharon Calahan, and supervising technical director Sanjay Bakshi.
- DINO BITES – Montage of original animated pieces produced to promote “The Good Dinosaur.”
- HIDE AND SEEK – A short animated clip produced to promote “The Good Dinosaur.”
- DELETED SCENES:
- The Attack – An idyllic introduction to the family farm is cut short when a savage predator attacks the newborn Arlo. With an introduction by Director Peter Sohn.
- Building the Silo – An admiring Arlo is thrilled to follow along as his father builds a silo for the family farm. With an introduction by Director Peter Sohn.
- Waiting for Poppa – Arlo awaits the return of his beloved father on a stormy night, only to be greeted with tragic news. With an introduction by Director Peter Sohn.
My 7-year-old absolutely loves the bonus feature “True Lies About Dinosaurs.” He loves learning facts and is really fascinated by dinosaurs. My 3-year-old daughter absolutely loves the Dino Bites. She laughs so hard the whole time watching the little-animated pieces of the characters from the movie. The theatrical short Sanjay’s Super Team is also a favorite bonus feature for everyone. My kids both love pretending to be super heroes right along with the short. You can also have more Good Dinosaur fun at home. Click the picture below to download Good Dinosaur games, puzzles, and other fun activities.
Disney Pixar’s The Good Dinosaur is such a wonderful movie. It is packed with humor, and action. It also has great lessons about friendship, family, and being brave to overcome fears. It is a great movie for the whole family! You can find Disney Pixar’s The Good Dinosaur on Blu-ray, digital HD, at Amazon, Target, and Walmart. Or get your own digital copy at Disney Movies Anywhere.
Right now one(1) Mom Spotted reader has the opportunity to win (1) Disney Pixar’s Good Dinosaur on Blu-ray and Digital HD. To enter use the Rafflecopter form below. Good Luck!
Contest ends 3.21.16 at 11:59 pm. For Official Giveaway Rules click here. U.S. Residents only.