Wordless Wednesday Rainbow

Here in New England it’s been raining for like 3 weeks straight. Today we thought we escaped it when around 10am the rain stopped. They went forward with tball and baseball tonight but when we approached the field the sky looked like this:

Gavin was able to play 2 innings before the sky broke and it started pouring and every one went running to their cars.

The boys had to play their 3 hour game so Gavin & I watched from my Jeep. I got this photo as the storm shifted and it stopped raining for a moment. The clouds were so heavy!

Then when we turned onto our street on the way home we saw this:

ONLY Wordless/Wordful related posts should be linked here. No giveaways or other posts. It must link directly to your WW post not you main page.
Any links not going directly to a WW post will be deleted.

Mister Linky’s Magical Widgets — Easy-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
For best results, use HTML mode to edit this section of the post.

Jennifer, the mom behind the Mom Spotted blog, is located in Western Massachusetts. She has three boys, Johnny (15), Gavin (9), & Sawyer (3). She is married to her high school sweetheart. On Mom Spotted you’ll find a fun selection of recipes, family fun, product reviews, and more! You can also find her on twitter @MomSpotted and Facebook.

Comments

1. Emilie @ Baby Loving Mama says:

It seems like it has been raining everywhere lately. Love the rainbow!

2. Tammi says:

Great photos, we have seen a ton of rainbows here too.
    Where’s the sunshine?!?!

Tammi

3. We’re so tired of the rain here in NW PA as well! Wow, that sky looks nasty! Beautiful rainbow though!

4. Candace says:

That’s a great set of shots, gorgeous rainbow!

5. Jenny says:

Yikes that looks like a wall cloud in that 3rd picture!

6. Louise says:

I love the photos you can capture with a storm

7. It’s crazy how fast the weather can change! Right now it’s pouring down rain in Nebraska! It’s great that you caught the rainbow just in time!

8. Cool pictures!! I love rainbows! Out of nowhere it will start raining here, but luckily it rarely lasts long, then the sun will come out again!

9. Kimberly@PrettyPinkMomma says:

I have been seeing so many rainbows lately! Its so weird when rainbows are so rare and I swear they have been popping up everywhere! That first picture looks pretty cool too, I think. You can really see the contrast between the dark and the light.

10. We’ve had crazy rain coming and going between humidity as well! Oy, this weather is nuts!

11. Great photos Jennifer. Love the game pics and WOW that rainbow is Beautiful!!

12. WOW!!! Great shots! Love that rainbow capture!

Happy Wednesday!

13. Holly says:

Love the rainbow!!!

14. blueviolet @ A Nut in a Nutshell says:

What a turn-around by the time you got home! So weird how nature turns like that.

15. Sara@MommaFindings says:

What a coincidence! I posted a stormy picture for WW too! Lately, the stormy weather has gotten so scary.

16. Dee says:

Ick! Nasty skies – but the rainbow is great! Hope you get some sun soon!

17. shelly says:

Yucky rain. Beautiful rainbow though!

18. I love rainbows. So pretty!

19. Sarah says:

You got great pics! Too bad it was raining for them!

20. brooke says:

Yeah the clouds have been crazy here… Might have to find the one I have where the only opening in the sky is right above the house and the rest is dark clouds from all sides… Hope the boys had fun with their game and what a lovely sight to see on the way home.

21. Kelly says:

Rainbows always make the rain worthwhile!

22. Sam says:

Great storm shots! We saw a beautiful rainbow this weekend too.

23. Rob says:

Awesome picture. It have been raining here in DE a lot as well and finally stopped yesterday.

Happy WW!

24. Marianna says:

Ugh it’s been rainy a ton here in CT too. So sick of it. Love the rainbow picture though!

25. Avry says:

The sky looks like ours lately! Non stop rain.. Glad you got a rainbow on the way home though.

26. Katie says:

hope the rain stops soon for all of you! Love the rainbow shot!

27. Allison says:

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the first picture. I love days like that with the dark sky!

28. Love the rainbow pic but the storm pics are even cooler

29. those are BEAUTIFUL pictures, even if they were rainclouds. WOW!! I love that rainbow photo though. LOVE it! A spot of brightness after the dreary weather

30. Sorry about the rain – we could really use some down here in Florida, but I do remember those awful New England rainy springs.
    You did get some AWESOME photos, I LOVE the first one, the colors are magnificent.
    Then to get a double rainbow on the way home, how gorgeous.
    Thank you for sharing such beauty.

• Jennifer says:

Is it bad I just noticed it was a double since you said that!

• Not at all, sometimes we don’t see things that we look at for a long time.
        Glad I could point it out to you. =)

31. Deborah says:

We too have had lots of rain but being in the SW it’s badly needed by the farmers so no complaints here. Gorgeous rainbow!

32. Mimi says:

My WW was about the clouds here, too. We’ve had a few sunny days here in MN this Spring, but there was a frost advisory up in N. MN yesterday. I’m so fed up with MN weather! Reading for some sunny days…for like 3 weeks straight!

33. Jill A. Collins says:

After the tornado went through Joplin, MO just a couple of days ago, I saw that someone captured on video a double rainbow as searchers were in rescue mode. It spoke volumes to the hope and promise we are given even in the most difficult of times.

34. Those pics look really creepy.

35. I love rainbows. I haven’t seen one in way too long.

36. Becca @ Mama B says:

great pictures!!!

37. won says:

It’s beautiful. I’ve only seen one rainbow in my life. That was when I was more sad than normal and asked my late daughter for a sign from her.

38. Lynette @ My Wee View says:

Jenn, it’s been VERY rainy here too,, I hear ya. Love the rainbow, we are still waiting for ours to appear.

Hoping it means a nice summer.

take care!

39. Erica G says:

Your pictures are so clear and vivid. I love a good storm rolling in, but I’d rather be inside!