Mickey Mouse Meal Plates DIY Birthday Party {Sawyers 2nd Birthday Party}

312 views

When I started planning Sawyer’s 2nd birthday party I really wanted to find a way to make as much of it myself if I could. Not everything needed to be big elaborate projects and having little ones that I could do in advance were really helpful. One of my favorites were actually the easiest too.

Sticking with the black, white, & red theme I was going with I quickly realized that even basic supplies weren’t going to be available to me. The Mickey Mouse sets were all so colorful they just wouldn’t work. So, I made my own!

Mickey Mouse Meal Plates Birthday Party DIY

They were super simple and took no time at all. For supplies you’ll need:

As with most of his party we found almost all our supplies at Oriental Trading! Made it super simple to find what I needed and I didn’t have to face the crowds with all my kids!

Mickey Mouse Meal Plates Birthday Party DIY

First, punch out all your circles. Remember you’ll need two “ears” per plates. Simply take your glue dots and press the edge of your “ears” on them. They pull off and the glue stick will stick to the paper like this:

mickey mouse plates glue dots

Then stick the circle to the plate from behind like this. I found for spacing it was easiest to take an ear in each hand and stick them at the same time.

Mickey Mouse Meal Plates Birthday Party DIY

I made them for both dinner and dessert plates and even laid out on the table they got a lot of attention. The kids thought they were great and the little ones didn’t even need food on them to like them.

Mickey Mouse Meal Plates Birthday Party DIY

They were perfect for holding the Mickey & Minnie Mouse Oreo Surprise Cupcakes we made.

Mickey & Minnie Mouse Cupcakes for Birthday Party  #momspotted

Stay tuned for other posts about Sawyer’s DIY Black, White & Red Mickey Mouse Birthday Party. Click the link to see the posts we’ve already shared to far!

Black, White & Red Mickey Mouse Birthday Party

Mickey Mouse Party Plates

Jennifer, the mom behind the Mom Spotted blog, is located in Western Ma. She has three boys, Johnny (13), Gavin (7), & Sawyer (2). She is married to her high school sweetheart. On Mom Spotted you'll find a fun selection of recipes, family fun, product reviews, and more! You can also find her on twitter @MomSpotted and Facebook.

Comments

1. saminder gumer says:

i think that these would be great to do during the party as a craft as well. the kids would have a great time and it would be great to see what they come up with as the end results.

2. Chelsey says:

Wow, I love this birthday theme! You’re so creative!

3. Sarah Hayes says:

i love all of this! my LO loves mickey now so I really have to make those plates. a mickey party would be so fun

4. So cute!! We love Mickey and seeing all your posts makes me REALLY want to throw a Mickey party for no reason lol

5. Your Mickey Mouse meal plates are so creative and cute. Looks so simple to make, too. That’s my kind of craft project!

6. Great idea!! I didn’t even think of these for Colton’s Mickey party. But I LOVE it!

7. Cute birthday party idea! I can’t believe Sawyer is almost 2 already. Wow. He is such an adorable little guy.

• Jennifer says:

His birthday was in March I’ve just been so busy I’m just getting to all his birthday posts now! oy!

8. Tammy S says:

These are so cute! What a great easy way to dress up your party. I bet they were a hit. Thanks for the idea!

9. What a SUPER cute idea for a Disney themed party!! :)

10. These are soooo cute! I’d love to make these for Hayden just because!

11. SO CUTE! The Mickey plates would be so easy to make. We had a Mickey Mouse 2nd Birthday party, too. :)

12. Those are super cute and so simple to make.

13. that is so simple but so cute

14. Those are just ridiculously cute and so easy to make. I really love how they came out!

15. Such a great party theme. You did such a great job.

16. This is so funny cause for Ps 2nd birthday we also did Mickey. Its such a popular thing at their age! I love watching Sawyer grow up too!

17. You are such a clever Mama! Pinning this to use soon!!

18. This is such a cute idea. Plus the kids can actually get involved with making the decorations for their own party. This has to be way cheaper than buying the already made plates.

19. How adorable! If we ever do a Mickey Mouse party, we’re definitely using this idea!

20. How CUTE! I am so not a crafty type of person, but I could at least make the plates even if I had to buy all the other decor, ha!

21. Such a simple idea, but clever. It really adds to the festive atmosphere.

22. These are fabulous! What a simple and perfect way to dress up those plates. I love your Mickey and Mini cupcakes too! Happy Birthday to your little one :-)

23. Shannon says:

These are super fun! Thank you for sharing!

24. Notorious Spinks says:

This is awesome. I love how crafty you are and I’m sure his Mickey Mouse problem was great!

25. alicia k (Petite Pilates Pixie) says:

these are cute and simple!

26. This is so cute, and so easy! Even I could do this :) Love the idea. My family has a love for all things Disney and this would be such a great theme for one of our parties. Thanks for the idea.

27. Jessica Pinkard says:

These are so cute and fun!