I love holidays and making them extra special and festive. Valentine’s Day is high on my list as one of my favorite holidays. It is such a great holiday to make a little extra effort to show the people you love how much you care about them. It is so fun to decorate for, and Valentine’s Day treats seem extra delicious dressed up in pink and red. Homemade Oreo Cookies are one of my family’s favorite treats. They are soft, chocolatey, yummy, and easy to make. Homemade Oreos only require 4 ingredients and you could easily already have everything you need in your pantry to make them.
These are such a fun and cute dessert. They come together so quick and they are always the hit of holiday parties. To start the cookies all you need is a box of devil’s food cake mix, 2 eggs, 3/4 cup of partially melted butter, and 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla.
I like to throw all the ingredients into my mixer and I blend it until it is well blended. The mixture will be super thick. Then using a cookie scoop you put them onto a cookie sheet and bake. A cookie scoop just helps make sure all the cookies are the same size since you will be sandwiching them together.
This time I used some leftover frosting we had from a can for the filling. But I often make my own cream cheese or buttercream frosting and these little cookies are extra yummy. I colored half of the frosting pink and left the other half white. I like to put the filling into sandwich bags, cut one corner off of a bag and pipe the frosting onto a cookie. Then I rolled the sides into cute Valentine’s day sprinkles I had. They turned out so cute and my family gobbled them up.
These are so great to make all year round. I have made them at Christmas and colored the frosting green and red, or at Halloween and colored the frosting orange. Homemade Oreo Cookies are also so fun to make with my kids. Have fun celebrating Valentine’s Day and enjoy these yummy little sandwich cookies.
- 1 box Devil's Food cake mix
- 2 eggs
- ¾ Cup partially melted butter
- ½ tsp vanilla
- Canned or homemade frosting for the cookie filling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixer or a large bowl combine cake mix, eggs, butter, and vanilla. Mix well until no dry spots.multiReplace" id="72" data-gr-id="72">Batter will be thick.
- Use a cookie scoop or measuring spoon and roll into balls. Each ball should be the same size.
- Bake in preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool completely.
- Put frosting into a zip lock bag and cut a corner off. Pipe frosting onto one cookie and top with a second.
- Assemble the rest of the cookies.