This summer my family and I went to see Finding Dory in theaters twice! It was our favorite movie of the summer. Finding Dory is the perfect sequel to Finding Nemo. Dory is on an adventure to find her family, but her short term memory loss makes the journey a little tricky. The movie has some of the familiar underwater creatures we love and some hilarious new ones. Dory, Marlin, and Nemo meet a grumpy “septopus” named Hank, Destiny the whale shark, and Bailey, a beluga whale. My kids also fell in love with tiny baby Dory! She is super adorable, and it is so fun watching her with her loving parents Charlie and Jenny.
I was so excited for Finding Dory to come out on Digital HD and Blu-ray. I always love Disney movie bonus features and the bonus features on Finding Dory did not disappoint. My kids and I fell in love with the Pixar Short Piper! Piper is this darling new little bird who is out looking for things to eat before the tide comes in. It is an adorable and funny little movie.
Bonus features include*:
Blu-ray 3D, Blu-ray & Digital HD:
- Theatrical Short: “Piper” – A hungry sandpiper hatchling ventures from her nest for the first time to dig for food by the shoreline. The only problem is that the food is buried beneath the sand where scary waves roll up onto the shore.
- Marine Life Interviews (All-New Mini Short) – Meet the inhabitants of the Marine Life Institute as they remember our favorite blue tang.
- The Octopus That Nearly Broke Pixar – Pixar’s “Team Hank” unravels the challenges, frustrations, and rewards of bringing to life the studio’s crankiest and most technically complicated character ever.
- What Were We Talking About? – This piece showcases the complex routes Dory’s story took as the filmmakers worked to construct a comprehensive narrative involving a main character with short-term memory loss.
- Casual Carpool – What’s it like to commute with the voices of Marlin, Charlie, Bailey and Hank? Join “Finding Dory” writer/director Andrew Stanton as he drives Albert Brooks, Eugene Levy, Ty Burrell and Ed O’Neill to work.
- Animation & Acting – How do you create a connection between a human audience and a fish? This behind-the-scenes look behind the curtain examines the process of constructing believable performances through a unique collaboration between the director, voice actors and animators.
- Creature Features – The cast of “Finding Dory” share cool facts about the creatures they voice in the film.
- Deep in the Kelp – Disney Channel’s Jenna Ortega guides us on a research trip to the Monterey Bay Aquarium to show how far the “Finding Dory” crew went to make Dory’s world feel real.
- Skating & Sketching with Jason Deamer – “Finding Dory” character art director Jason Deamer talks about how he got to Pixar, how he draws the characters in the film, and how falling off a skateboard teaches you lessons you can use in art and life.
- Dory’s Theme – A spirited discussion among the composer, music editor and director of “Finding Dory” about the musical elements that shape Dory’s quirky and joyful theme.
- Rough Day on the Reef – Sometimes computers make mistakes. Here you’ll see some of the funny, creepy and just plain bizarre footage the crew encountered while making “Finding Dory.”
- Commentary – Director Andrew Stanton, co-director Angus MacLane and producer Lindsey Collins deliver their personal perspective on “Finding Dory.”
- Deleted Scenes (introduced by director Andrew Stanton)
- Tank Gang (Digital exclusive) – After a close encounter with a squid leaves them separated from Dory, Marlin and Nemo unexpectedly meet up with the Tank Gang from “Finding Nemo,” who make it their mission to get to the Marine Life Institute … by any means necessary.
- Hidden Seacrets of Finding Dory (Digital exclusive) – Take a deep dive to catch secret Easter Eggs throughout the movie. And just like Hank, they’re hidden in plain sight.
- Theatrical Short: Piper & Commentary
My family’s favorite bonus features are the deleted scenes and also the Hidden “Seacrets” of Finding Dory. My kids always love watching and then rewatching Disney movies to find the Easter Eggs. They have gotten great at finding them.
Finding Dory is exciting and suspenseful with all of the funny comedy we love from Dory. I love that Finding Dory helps teach how important family is and that a family can made in all sorts of ways.