I have a really detailed memory of being a little girl and going to see Disney’s Beauty and the Beast. My mom, aunts, and a bunch of my girl cousins went to see it together. I remember getting lunch and being so excited to finally see the movie. I was immediately in love with Belle. I loved that she loved books because I love them too. That was 25 years ago when Disney’s Beauty and the Beast hit theaters and everyone fell in love with this beautiful movie. It also broke ground as the first animated feature film to receive an Academy Award® nomination for best picture. Beauty and the Beast is an amazing movie and the music is fantastic. I love the song “Tale As Old As Time” now just as much the first time I heard it 25 years ago.
Disney’s Beauty and the Beast is now available on Blu-ray, DVD and Digital HD in a special 25th-anniversary edition. My 3-year-old daughter Halli is already a huge Disney princess fan and I was so excited to introduce her to Belle and all the other fun characters in this movie. I was so nostalgic watching it with her the first time and now she requests to watch it every day. Beauty and the Beast is her new favorite movie. She always spins around the room dancing to the song “Be Our Guest.”
This Signature Collection edition also features four versions of “Beauty and the Beast.” The Blu-ray release will include the original theatrical film; an extended version, and a sing-along version. Now that we have watched it a few times Halli is obsessed with the sing-along version. She tries to hard to follow along and sing with the movie.
There are also so many amazing bonus features. I especially enjoyed the 25 fun facts about Beauty and the Beast, and The Recording Sessions. It is so fascinating watching the actors and actresses record their voices to make the characters come alive.
Blu-ray, Digital HD & Disney Movies Anywhere bonus features:
- Menken & Friends: 25 Years of Musical Inspiration – Get a front-row seat for an intimate discussion between legendary music composers from classic and future Disney films, including Alan Menken (“Beauty and the Beast,” “Aladdin”), Stephen Schwartz (“The Hunchback of Notre Dame,” “Pocahontas”), Kristen Anderson-Lopez (“Frozen,” Disney’s upcoming “Gigantic”), Robert Lopez (“Frozen,” Disney’s upcoming “Gigantic”) and Lin-Manuel Miranda (Disney’s upcoming “Moana”). Discover how the composers are personally connected, how they first experienced “Beauty and the Beast” and how they find inspiration for their own films. And watch as they pay tribute to the film’s award-winning music score and the man who has inspired them all—Alan Menken.
- #1074: Walt, Fairy Tales & Beauty and the Beast – Long before “Beauty and the Beast” became the instant classic we know and love, Walt Disney made two attempts—between the 1930s and 1950s—to adapt the famous fairy tale into an animated film. Discover what Walt and his team was dreaming up through Walt’s actual voice recordings, archived artwork, story notes, and learn why the project was sidelined for decades.
- Always Belle – The original voice of Belle, Paige O’Hara, reminisces about earning the role of the beautiful bookworm in “Beauty and the Beast” and recalls how the iconic character changed her life and continues to inspire fans both young and old.
- The Recording Sessions – Go in the recording booth with the cast of Beauty and the Beast and see what went into adding voices to the characters and the lines we know and love.
- 25 Fun Facts About Beauty and the Beast – Disney Channel’s Gus Kamp and Kayla Maisonet host this entertaining countdown featuring little-known fun facts, anecdotes and hidden Easter Eggs (references to Disney animated films and characters) from one of the most cherished animated films of all time.
- “Beauty and The Beast” Sneak Peek – An exciting first look into the live-action re-telling of “Beauty and the Beast,” which refashions the classic characters from the tale as old as time for a contemporary audience, staying true to the original music while updating the score with several new songs.
Digital HD & Disney Movies Anywhere:
- Classic Bonus Features – These offerings from prior home entertainment releases include over five hours of bonus material, such as an alternate version of “Be Our Guest” and the “Beauty and the Beast” music video performed by Celine Dion and Peabo Bryson, and deleted scenes.
Beauty and the Beast will always be one of my favorite Disney movies and I love that now it is one of my little girl’s favorites. This special edition is so magical and all of the characters are so loveable. My whole family giggles watching Mrs. Potts, Chip, Lumiere, and Cogsworth trying to help Belle and the Beast. Beauty and the Beast if full of just enough suspense, and drama to be a love story everyone loves.
Right now one (1) Mom Spotted reader has the opportunity to win (1) Disney’s Beauty and the Beast DIGITAL CODE. To enter use the Rafflecopter form below. Good Luck!
Contest ends 10.17.16 at 11:59 pm. For Official Giveaway Rules click here. U.S. Residents.