387 views

I can’t believe I still have posts about Sawyer’s birthday not published right now. Things have been crazy and I keep meaning to make them a priority but I promise they will all get shared! I only have one or two left. Today I want to show you the goody bags I made. They came out so cute!

The Mickey Mouse goody bags were super simple to make. I looked around at a few places for black bags but I really liked the ones I found at AC Moore. Most craft stores sell solid color bags with and without handles. The preference is up to you. I chose handles so they were easy to carry. I liked the natural ones because they faded into the background more than the white ones I saw in other stores.

IMG_9487

Here are the tools I used to make them:

IMG_9489

Before you grab your glue prep all your paper. Having three kids running around the house I always like to prepare so that if I stop I can pick up easily.

For each bag you will need:

• Two 3.5 inch black card stock circles
  • Two 1 inch white ovals
  • One 3-4 inch red card stock strip the same width as the bag you chose.

IMG_9492

Now that you have all your pieces they rest is a breeze. Grab your glue of preference and then adhere the red strips at the base of the bag. Then take your white oval and stick them on vertically centered. I found standing and having one in each hand helped visually place them faster.

Then attach ears. I just added a little glue at the base and then attached them. It’s okay if they partially cover the handle. You’ll still be able to carry it okay. Black White & Red Mickey Mouse DIY Birthday Goody Party Bags {Sawyers 2nd Birthday Party}

I found a bunch of great Minnie & Mickey products at my local dollar store and made them all identical. If you notice I actually only have stuff for 5 kids but I knew I wanted them on the table and made a 6th and left it empty. I used red tissue paper to top them off. They were a HUGE hit!

Didn’t they come out great?

Black White & Red Mickey & Minnie Mouse DIY Birthday Goody Party Bags {Sawyers 2nd Birthday Party} 1  #momspotted

Stay tuned for other posts about Sawyer’s DIY Black, White & Red Mickey Mouse Birthday Party. Click the link to see the posts we’ve already shared to far!

Black White & Red Mickey & Minnie Mouse DIY Birthday Party {Sawyers 2nd Birthday Party}  #momspotted

Jennifer, the mom behind the Mom Spotted blog, is located in Western Ma. She has three boys, Johnny (13), Gavin (7), & Sawyer (2). She is married to her high school sweetheart. On Mom Spotted you'll find a fun selection of recipes, family fun, product reviews, and more! You can also find her on twitter @MomSpotted and Facebook.

Comments

1. Super cute idea!!

2. Such a great favor bag! Love how the party turned out :)

3. Robin (Masshole Mommy) says:

That is so darn cute. I am in the middle of planning my boys Pokemon birthday party and now I totally want to make it a Mickey party.

4. I love them, they look so classic! Easy to make too, thanks for the idea!

5. saminder gumer says:

these look amazing and seem like they were pretty easy and quick to make. i would love to do this for one of the birthday parties coming up. thanks.

6. That would be a cute idea for any sort of Disney themed party. THose bags are too cute!

7. Oh those are so cute! This could be a very fun craft for a birthday party!!

8. Jennifer, those are SO cute, they turned out so nice! They looks relatively easy to make too!

9. I think this is so cute. We were just making Mickey today out of Play doh. I’ve got to try this with my kids.

10. Ann Bacciaglia says:

What a great idea! Your photos and instructions are excellent. Thank you so much for sharing.

11. Amy Desrosiers says:

I love that these Mickey crafts are easy to make and perfect for my little boy!

12. I love how easy these are to make! They look like bags you could buy in a store!

13. Those are so adorable! What a fun idea!

14. These look so cute and they were pretty easy to make which I love! Thank you. Pinning this to my Disney board for sure!

15. Ha, ha, ha… those are so super-cute. I love the bags and the whole party! You are super-creative… thanks for sharing

16. That’s adorable! What a clever idea. The whole party looks awesome!

17. How stinkin’ adorable is that?! I always love reading about and seeing everyone’s themed party ideas because you all get so creative :)

18. I love this idea. What a perfect bag. I would save this after the kids pull put their treats.

19. These party bags are really creative and fun. Any child will enjoy getting these bags after a fun party.

20. Liza @ Views From the 'Ville says:

How adorable! I love any and all things Disney, and when they’re easy crafts like this, I love them even more! They turned out so nicely, I definitely am pinning to use as treat bags for my daughter this summer.

21. Cynthia R says:

Such cute party bags, what an adorable theme, you did a great job, and if you were doing a party for a girl, I bet you could do similiar bags just add a pink and white polkda ribbon.

22. nicole dz says:

WOW your party theme came out fantastic! Love it all! And those bag are super cute, and easy to make. The cupcakes are my favorite.

23. Christina Gould says:

Wow, those instructions are so explicit, even I can do it (I think). The party decor looks very pulled together. Thanks for sharing!

24. Jennifer (robbins) A. says:

These turned out really cute! I love the idea, and how easy they look to put together! Thank you for creating this tutorial, for all of us mom’s out there with Mickey Mouse fans! : )

25. vickie couturier says:

how cute,,what a awesome job,,I love shopping at the Dollar tree to get tons of stuff for bags and for stockings at Christmas time

26. Rachel C says:

So cute!! The bags look easy enough that I could actually maybe do them myself, but yet they are so cute!
    Also, love the idea of tying on a ribbon for minnie mouse bags :)

27. Shannon says:

This is adorable. Thank you for sharing with us.