Aloha Friday: Vegetable Garden

If you’ve never heard of it, it started over on An Island Life.
I ask a question….I answer it….and then you answer it too!
Sound like fun?
___________________________________________

So, for this week’s question:

Q: Are you planting a vegetable garden this year?

A: This weekend I will be planting my first garden in the ground! I’m really excited. The only planting I’ve done so far was a bucket garden. This year hubby is helping me set up a 12’x12′ garden. It seems big but seems small at the same time. I guess we shall see…
I can’t put the plants in yet as we could possible have frost for 2 more weeks so Memorial Day weekend I will put the plants in. This weekend is getting the ground ready and getting the fencing up.
I’ll have green & red peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers, green beans, summer squash, zucchini, carrots, and basil. I may add something when I go to buy the plants but for now those are one I am definitely getting.

Jennifer, the mom behind the Mom Spotted blog, is located in Western Massachusetts. She has three boys, Johnny (17), Gavin (11), & Sawyer (5). She is happily married. On Mom Spotted you'll find a fun selection of recipes, family fun, product reviews, and more! You can also find her on twitter @MomSpotted and Facebook.

Comments

1. CraftGirlAlli says:

good luck and have fun! I had thought about it, but most of the time I can’t even keep flowers alive! haha.

2. CraftGirlAlli says:

3. Verging on 40 says:

Yes I definitely want to!

4. Verging on 40 says:

Yes I definitely want to!

5. The Pink Potpourri says:

no…plants hate me…probably because i can never keep them alive. maybe i should start out slow with a chia pet 🙂

6. The Pink Potpourri says:

7. Sherrie says:

Yes, we’ve had our garden planted since the first weekend in March. Everything is doing fine but the tomatoes and strawberries. We’ve got squash, zucchini, peppers, carrots, broccoli, corn, onions, and sunflowers. I can’t wait to harvest something…LOL! This is our first garden EVER!

8. Sherrie says:

9. Algebra Teacher says:

We have our garden planted and have already eaten from it (live in Florida). This week we’ve had fresh broccoli and yesterday I gathered several jalapenos and bell peppers. We also have potatoes, corn, beans, okra, peas, tomatoes, garlic, onions, lettuce, cabbage, and cucumbers.

10. Algebra Teacher says:

11. HedgeHog says:

Good luck with it and have fun. 🙂 We are planting our first garden as well at a local farm. Ee have only did a few box gardens due to living in an apartment. We are making our own soil,too! We just planted last week because its been so cold here in CO.

12. HedgeHog says: